Thursday 21 June 2018

Matariki Day

Happy Matariki day!! If you don’t know what Matariki is, well In Aotearoa it means it is Maori New years. Matariki is also the maori name that represents a group of seven stars. Before I carry on with my writing I would like to fill you in on what Matariki actually means. Matariki doesn’t just mean the Maori New years but It also has two meanings, they both refer as the cluster of stars. So Mata Riki means Tiny eyes, and Mata Airiki means eye of god.

Now let’s carry on, to what happened last week on friday at Pt England School. At Pt England School we had Celebrated Matariki with fun activities for the whole day. There were all sorts of activities like Cooking, Arts and Crafts, Sports, and Movie Making. The whole School was split into either one of those four groups. I was in the Sports Group, With Tyson, Miss Va’afusuaga, Mr Moran and Mr Wiseman. We were split into three groups. One of the sports was Ki O'Rahi with Tyson, and Dodgeball with Mr Moran and then Cooking with Mr Wiseman.

My first rotation for the morning was dodgeball in the hall with Mr Moran. I was so excited to have dodgeball as my first rotation. He first had to number us off and whatever number we get we had to put our bibs on, I was in the green team. Before we played we he gave us some rules, and when he finished that when we began to play. Unfortunately I got out, but it was close to morning tea so we had to stop and have our break.

After Morning tea we continued on with our rotation, our second rotation was Ki O’Rahi with Tyson. It was my first time playing Ki O’Rahi and it was a really fun game, I really suggest this game to you all. We than had to move on and go onto our last rotation, and that was Cooking with Mr Wiseman. We were cooking Funfetti rice krispie treats. It was really sweet but still nice.

We had so Much fun at sports, It was a really good experience getting to know, not just a group of students my year but also students younger than me. I hope you all had a good Matariki day!

No comments:

Post a Comment