Thursday 4 June 2020

Maze Game and Flappy Bird Codes

Throughout the double period, we were able to do a bit of coding. I was fortunate enough to complete both the coding within the two periods. For each level, we had to screenshot each step and insert them into our presentation. After completing some of the levels I started to get the hang of it, but then it began to get a bit more difficult and added more blocks the higher the level was. Some of the directions I was able to use constantly throughout the beginning were the 'move forward' block, then as the level started to get a bit difficult I began to use the 'repeat block' more often as the levels went by. The 'repeat block' enabled me to limit the blocks I use for one code. It was a lot easier to use certain blocks. Lastly, some of the things I learned from that coding game was that it gave me a better understanding of computers and being able to solve problems.
I was also able to complete the Flappy Bird game as well as the Maze Game. This coding was a bit easier than the previous coding. Some of the blocks I constantly used throughout the coding was the 'flap' block. Some of the blocks enabled me to complete the level and carry on with the next few levels. One of the things I have learned throughout the game was that I was able to learn the basics of coding and develop on how the technology works. At the end of the level, we were able to create our own rules and ways of how we would want to play the game.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Samoa, I am glad that you were able to experiment with some of the codes once you've completed the previous levels. It gives you the chance to add your own flavour into the game. Well done!

    ReplyDelete