Thursday 18 October 2018

Welcome back to term 4!!

It’s the start of the term it’s time to find out what our study will be.  As usual our teachers always have something in stored for us. It’s either with a movie or even an act.  Let me explain to you in the next 3 paragraphs which items I enjoyed the most.

This terms immersion assembly has everyone pumped up about our focus for the term.  I was so excited to see what every team had to present. Our main focus is all about art, Te Wa Toi.  At Pt England School we love having immersion assemblies, because we love to see what teachers have to act out for us to focus on for the term.  It’s a way to start our term!

Every team was great but I have to say that team 1 smashed it!  At first most of the audience were getting a bit confused of what their doing.  When it got to about half way we were seeing different types of painting shown by the teachers of team 1.  As I was looking at what every teacher had to paint, at first I thought they were drawing different types of mountains, But it getting to the end.  They brought the paintings together, and that’s when we all realised they were painting a lion. From my point of view I thought it looked a bit weird, but at the same time it looked pretty interesting.

The team that I understood more about was my own team, team 5.  Our focus was how do artists express meaning through their art? The reason to why I understood this team is because if I were a artist myself, how would I express my feelings through art? Well that’s what our teachers were demonstrating on stage.  They all had five to three minutes to paint their work, to show how they were feeling. At the end they had to explain what their story behind their painting.

Last but not least the item I really enjoyed watching was team 4.  The team 4 teachers had two special guess up the stage, Mr Wiseman and Mr Moran.  Team 4’s item was a competition to see who could draw the best. As the timer started game faces were on for the team 4 teachers.  It was getting closer to the end, and all the teachers were completing their final design.

There you have it - my 3 paragraphs explaining what show I enjoyed the most and what I understood the most about their focus for the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment