Friday 19 June 2020

Scratch

Throughout the few weeks of digital, we were able to do some coding using scratch. I was fortunate enough to finish this part of coding and was able to use the right blocks to create a game. For each level, we had to screenshot every part of the coding we did to show proof that we understand the steps given to us. Throughout the first few steps, It was difficult because it was my first time using scratch but then as I started to understand the instructions given to me I was able to understand the coding a bit more. Some of the blocks I used were used repeatedly and easy to use. I was also able to experience some difficulties throughout the coding but once I understood what was going wrong with my coding I was able to fix it and make the game work. At the end of the coding, I was able to learn some things from scratch. I was able to understand how the technology works so that I am prepared for the future. As well as solving problems and getting a better understanding of how computers and devices work.


Right arrow to move forward
Left arrow to move back
Space keyboard to jump


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Samoa, I like that you've identified the challenges that you've overcome in learning Scratch for the first time. I know from our discussions in class that you have been trouble shooting to get your game to work, and now you have a solid foundation of basic coding skills for developing a basic platformer game. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Samoa my name is Warren and I am a year seven student from Paihia School.
    I like your post about making a scratch game because it looked interesting when I saw that it was about scratch, because I like to see what people create on it.

    I liked how you added a slide for people that dont know what to do.

    Would you make another game?
    Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete