Thursday 21 March 2019

Empathy - what does empathy mean?


Image result for empathyFor me empathy means to be able to understand and also care about how someone else feels. Personally I think empathy means to put yourself in there shoe, that way you could understand the kind of situation they might experienced. If I was to show empathy towards my classmates or anyone around me, I would ask them if they are alright.  That way they would know that you truly care about their feelings and the situation they are in right now.  Empathy is important because it can help people understand why in that kind of situation.  They could help you by making sure your alright, or even hang out with you so know that your not alone.  You could also show your gratitude when they have opened up.  Many people struggle to open up to people, because they overthink things like "could I trust you".  Show that your interested, that way when they going through a difficult time you could connect with them by asking them if they need anything, or if they will be alright.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Myztique, you have given some thoughtful reflection on the Prime Minister's response to the Christchurch tragedy. I have been enjoying reading your posts this term.

    ReplyDelete